Saturday, March 28, 2009

Banquet stuff

Hey girls....

Hope you are enjoying this nice sunny Saturday! I know we have been outside all day!

Anyways...I wanted to tell you all I was able to pick up the nice expresso/coffee line of stuff at Rite Aid this afternoon. It was 50% off and the total for EVERYTHING was only $11! I thought we could raffle it off at the banquet. This will give us a good 8 raffle items! The plates and mugs are in sets of 2 so I am thinking they are pretty nice raffle items! YEAH. Thanks Courtney for the suggestion!
After talking with Courtney, we also thought it would be a great idea to make a bunch of fudge as a "favor" for the evening. I have a SUPER easy recipe and I think we should all try and make a batch or two. All you do is combine a bag of melted chocolate chips with some sweetened condensed milk. Pat it in a baking dish and let cool! Cut it and serve. How much easier could it get! We can wrap it up in some of that plastic wrap and put a piece of tissue paper with some ribbon around it! WALLA!

Okay well bring your ideas to STEERING THIS THURSDAY! Don't forget we switched it due to the break this month....I know Faith and maybe Loren won't be there...anyone else?

4 comments:

Loren said...

I can check with my bible study gal pals to see if we can meet next week instead of this week...I apologize for not realizing it to tell everybody at MOPS.

Loren said...

love the coffee set...i say don't worry about the fudge...someone can bring it as their chocolate to share. I'm always a pain aren't i?

Kara said...

No...your not a pain...something to talk about at steering. Oh and we have MOPS on the 2 and 4th Thursday's remember!!

Cheryl said...

I think Lori Campitello is still in Florida this week and won't be at Steering this week either. thanks!